As effective as modern dental procedures are, many of them aren’t designed to last a lifetime. Fillings, crowns, dentures, and bridges often wear out or become less effective over time. At a certain point, they need to be restored, and that’s where our team of restorative dentistry professionals comes into play. Dr. Marc Singer and his team provide restorative dentistry treatment in St. Louis that helps you maintain exceptional oral health throughout your life.
What is Restorative Dentistry?
Restorative dentistry is not to be confused with cosmetic dentistry. Rather, it is the practice of restoring or replacing existing dental devices or dental work. The primary goals of restorative dentistry are to improve the appearance of the teeth and to restore mouth function. When it’s performed by an experienced and talented dentist like Dr. Singer, it’s an excellent way to maintain oral health.
When is Restorative Dentistry Necessary?
At the time that devices like bridges and crowns are placed and services like root canals are performed, the dentist should advise you that proper after-care for your treatment may involve restoring or potentially replacing dental work several years in the future. A few examples of the restorative maintenance our St. Louis dentist offers include:
- Composite Fillings – These tooth-colored fillings are designed to last for years. Eventually, though, they may become cracked or otherwise damaged, or they might even fall out entirely. Dr. Singer will evaluate the situation and apply a new composite filling.
- Crowns – Crowns dramatically enhance the appearance and functionality of teeth. Even when they’re made out of highly durable porcelain, they can become damaged or even fall out at some point. Dr. Singer can provide you with a temporary replacement until a permanent one is designed by a local lab.
- Dentures – Dentures occasionally need to be remade, repaired or readjusted. Dr. Singer and his team can help.
- Fixed Bridges – Bridges sometimes slip out of place and need to be re-cemented. In rarer instances, they are damaged or worn to the point that they need to be completely replaced.
- Root Canal Therapy – The vast majority of root canals require no additional work. Sometimes, though, the tooth experiences a new infection that makes a new root canal necessary.
Our Dental Team Can Restore Your Smile
With more than 25 years of experience in restorative dentistry, Dr. Singer and his team are ready to assist you with broken or worn composite fillings, fixed bridges, crowns, dentures, and other dental devices, and treatment. Dr. Singer is well-known for his gentle, knowledgeable approach, and he will put you immediately at ease.
The first step to undergoing successful restorative dentistry treatments is to complete a thorough evaluation. Dr. Singer will assess the current condition of your device or of the work that was performed in the past and develop an individualized plan to address defects or problems. To schedule your evaluation, contact our Creve Coeur office today!
Starting to notice wear and ineffectiveness on your past dental proceeders?
Working to restore your smile and always make sure it’s in its best condition is what we do best. Don’t let past work go untreated, let us restore or replace any past devices by scheduling an appointment today so you can know your smile is staying healthy.